Thursday, October 06, 2005

We've Got Dropairs!

After reading Tony Vincent's blog concerning the Dropairs program, I had my students download the program on their Zire 72s. They could choose any two boards to download and install as well. Once they were familiar with how the program worked, they downloaded the dropairs board maker and designed their own boards. We really enjoyed this project--we now have dropair boards designed for American History, Foreign Language, Literature, Chemistry, and Computer Components. I'll try to post them on my Palms for Patriots webpage soon.

Next week, students will explore the Learning In Hand website where they will select one curricular application and one appropriate game to install on their handheld. Requirements for the project will include a short paragraph explaining the purpose of the software, step by step instructions, and a short video clip. The ultimate test will be for another student to try the step by step instructions and see if they actually work!

Later in the week, I plan to divide the class into groups of two. These groups will use their palms to create a public service announcement that would be of interest to a teenage audience.

2 Comments:

Blogger adminsupervisor said...

Hey, you have a great blog here. I know this has nothing to do with your site but I have a new blog that I'm just starting and I could really use some help. I'm not to sure what I should write about. I gave my blog a cool title which seems to attract visitors:
www.adminsupervisor.blogspot.com

but I only have one post on it at the moment. Have you got any suggestions??? Take a look if you get the chance. I want my blog to be cutting edge...a good read. lol...your'll understand when you see it!

The other site I have is a work from home site. Its all about, need I say it, working from home. I think people should have the choice to build their own income instead of somebody else’s. Freedom of well being and all of that...anyway take a look see what you think.

Keep up the good work, I'll be back to visit + I'll be at any suggestions you have about my blog.

Adrian

8:51 AM  
Blogger Askinstoo said...

Just thought I'd let you know about a site where you can make over $800 a month in extra income. Go to this site   MAKE MONEY NOW  and put in your zip code..... up will pop several places where you can get paid to secret shop, take surveys, etc.  It's free.  I found several and I live in a small town!

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home