Sunday, December 03, 2006

Just Returned From LACUE

Wow, I am so excited about what I learned at the Louisiana Association of Computer Using Educator's State Conference held in Baton Rouge. I was very fortunate to listen to Elliot Soloway and Cathie Norris who spoke on Mobilizing the Curriculum. I have attended several Handheld SIG meetings in which Elliot was in attendance and had read must of his research. His session was absolutely awesome! I heard Janet Caughlin give a presentation on using handheld computers and am eager to purchase her new book this spring. I actually attended a hands-on workshop where I created my own wiki using pbwiki. I can hardly wait to begin using a wiki in my classroom. Keynote speaker was Will Richardson--I moved to the very front of the ballroom so that I could hear him and see his presentation easily. After listening to Will's keynote address and attending his workshop, I finally understand how blogs, wikis, and RSS all work together. When Will spoke with a friend in Canada using Skype, my curiosity was definitely peaked. I have downloaded and installed Skype on my computer and was given 5 free minutes. I called my telephone just to see if it actually worked--it did!! I can hardly wait to use it with my students and with teachers when I conduct professional development workshops.

This was the very best LACUE conference that I have ever attended--and I have attended a few. A highlight of the conference was when Marge Arnold, our parish grant writer, was named as Louisiana's Outstanding Technology Educator of the Year.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tony Vincent said...

Debbie! Great to see you posting to your blog again. I'm glad this year's conference was fantastic! Sounds like you can spend the next several months exploring topics from the conference. Keep us posted!

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home